Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

CANPASS Remote Boarder Crossing Permit

Is it possible that the CANPASS Remote Boarder Crossing permits do not apply to the NFCT?  I used these permits many times to cross into Canada from the Boundary Waters side of northern Minnesota.  I just did a search of the CANPASS website, and did not see any entry points for the eastern US listed. 

I'm really a poor logistical planner.  I tend to travel best when all I need to do is to get to the start point with the stuff I need.  My only planning on the AT was getting to the start point.  I took care of all other logistics while on the trail.  Hitch hiking and hostel shuttles were always good ways to re-supply if the distance to a store was too far to walk from the AT.  I was a very poor hitchhiker so I tended to walk to most of the re-supplies.

I know the NFCT website has some boarder crossing information.  I need to look through it in detail to figure out how I'm going to get into Canada, and then get back into the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment