Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ligaments

I still have some pain in my left arm after three months. I have pain only when I move my arm in very specific positions. It started as what felt like a very sore muscle after a very hard workout. The Cleveland Clinic Physical Therapist was unable to diagnose the problem probably because the pain is so minimal. I would totally ignore the pain if I did not have a long distance trip this spring. My concern is that the problem will become worse while kayaking.

I saw my aunt from Kentucky this last weekend. She is a very skilled nurse. She thought the pain is the result of a very small ligament tear. She also described muscle contractions that are often associated with a ligament tear. I experienced pulses of burning pain in one location on my arm for a few weeks after the injury. I'm not sure if the pain is the result of small muscle contractions. I never noticed any muscle contractions directly.

I understand that it takes a very long time for ligaments to heal. I still have a few more months before I plan on starting my trip. I think I'm probably OK now, and that the additional time would help even more.

1 comment:

  1. Just be careful in your workouts-not to aggravate it even more. Time heals all wounds-ha!

    ReplyDelete